Tuesday, May 25, 2010

New Orleans is home to several species that, until now, were pretty much just mythical creatures in my coastal Californian mind. I have OFFICIALLY decided to make it a point to see each and every one of these creatures before I leave.

Exhibit A: a firefly. No I have never seen a firefly. And yes, I know that is just plain sad. There are no fireflies to be found anywhere in California as far as I'm aware, and certainly not along the coast. A glowing bug will surely blow my mind and I could not be more excited to hunt one down.



Exhibit B: an armadillo. Seriously, wtf is this thing? They are ridiculous.





Exhibit C: a nutria rat. Also known as, a beaver sort of thing without a beaver tail. Less exciting than Exhibits A and B, but still somewhat exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment