Sunday, March 14, 2010

When I was in high school, a friend of mine's mom brought me back some tea from when she went to Indonesia. It was just cheap grocery store tea, but it was the most delicious tea I'd ever had. Well okay maybe not EVER, but it wasn't like anything I was used to, and I wanted it to last because I didn't know when I'd ever have it again. So, I kept it around, drinking it only occasionally. Then I forgot about it in my kitchen, and found it like two years later. I still drank it. Then I forgot about it again, and remembered it again after a couple years. At that point, the tea was like four years old, and I had to throw it away. But I wrote down the name in case I got the urge to hunt it down later in life.

Well the day came when I finally decided to scour the internet for this tea. All I had was a brand name, and a vague recollection of what the box looked like.

So I searched and searched, and I found a website that sold it... I think. SariWangi brand? Yes. Green box? Yes. At only $1.50 a box, I was certainly willing to give it a try.

Well only five days after my order was placed, my tea arrived at my front door. Not only was I delighted with my purchase, but I was also delighted at the discovery of this amazing website (which is the main reason for this post). It's http://www.efooddepot.com/ and it is a website that sells all sorts of imported foods, many of which are dirt cheap, and ships them to your door post-haste for like a $5.00 flat rate. I have had a hell of a time finding yellow curry paste here in New Orleans so I tossed that in there too (also like $1.50).

Oh, I just love the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment