Saturday, March 6, 2010

ICE CREAM!

One thing that makes me sad about my childhood is that we did not have an ice cream truck in our neighborhood. Okay maybe it doesn't make me SAD... but I do wish we had one. Sometimes during the summer, only on some days, an ice cream truck would circle around our neighborhood. But we never actually knew when it coming, or at what time! And most of the time it didn't even come down my street. It was all very sporadic and unpredictable and pretty lame when I think about it.

But! I noticed we have an ice cream truck in our neighborhood! Even now, during the winter.



So I assume that when the summer months come around, and kids are out of school, and it's hot as hell outside... this thing should come around more often. The ice cream truck in my home neighborhood used to play the "Do Your Ears Hang Low?" song. Which is a funny memory, but, I like this truck's little tune better... even if it doesn't look like a proper ice cream truck. I also think it's funny that it says "hello" which always throws me off. And the little boy running down the street, apparently.

Yup. Living the dream, here in New Orleans. Makin' up for lost time, that's what I'm doing.

(P.S. I've decided to use another website for video hosting, because this website turns the video quality into absolute junk).

No comments:

Post a Comment