Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A Walk Around the Block

So between the laziness and the rain, I haven't really "gotten around" to taking Darwin for a good long walk around the neighborhood. But today, it peaked into the low 60s and the sun was shining. So, we went for a walk, and I even brought my camera.



Belleville Street, Algiers Point, New Orleans, Louisiana.


Some of the houses are abandoned, and
for some reason have no windows on the
second stories.


Others, are beautiful.


Lots of people decorate their
houses for Mardi Gras.


This was one of my favorites.


You can see the city scape from most
of the neighborhood streets.
A small park next to the levy.


And this is what a view from a levy looks
like. I am standing on top of one in
this photo.


Algiers Point is directly across the river from
"The Crescent City", and is New Orleans'
second oldest neighborhood, founded in 1719.
The French Quarter is the city's oldest
neighborhood, established only a year prior.
The FQ is about a half mile across the
"Mighty Mississippi" and a ferry will take
me there twice an hour, for free.


Walking north along the levy, toward
downtown.


View of downtown New Orleans.


And I believe this is the French Quarter,
off to the East just a bit.

1 comment: